Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Final: Primary "product"


My name is Shelby Kranz I am an illustrator with a passion for advertising. As an illustrator I love to put emotion and a story on a page but I found myself getting frustrated because there were never enough mediums to express how I felt about what I was drawing. That’s when I found advertising. Advertising is what some see as wasted time on the T.V or a pop up on their computer. I see it as a way to get to know people and tap in to their emotions and make them feel or see things in a different way. Getting to push a product to a certain age group or class intrigues me and satisfies my needs to always be learning something new. Coming to the Art Institute I hope to advance my skills and learn the ins and outs of my trait. In Advertising I can put music, a story and a message in to 3 minutes and change someone’s life forever. No one ever put money down for something they know nothing about and that’s what an ad does it gives you info and shows you what it looks like and what you could look like in it, with it or wearing it. "By the 1950s, brands were becoming common, helped by an economic boom and the advent of televisionadvertising."(page 2) 
In the ad world all you have is your self to promote and in the ad world thats all you need. your name and reputation will always follow you because the ad world is a surprisingly small place. "A clothing brand will have one tone for its adult range, compared to the kid’s range. Brands change tone when they want to attract a new market. HP and BMW have always had a strong business bias, but both brands have cleverly adapted a new tone through associations with the creative industry and noticeable, creative advertising." (page 86)

No comments:

Post a Comment