Thursday, September 5, 2013

Final: statement of your specialty


“The ‘own brand’ also offers a one-stop shop for the customer – if they trust the brand, they can buy all their goods under the same label” (page 147) My specialty is that Im creative, different and very passionate about my work. My creative work will always receive everything in me until it is perfect. I feel that me being different gives me an edge because I am able to see things differently then others and Im never afraid to push the envelope and try something new. I view my work as family as in I will always stand by my work and I will always support it and care deeply for it because its part of me. me and my work are one of the same. The implications for creative business are enormous.  Why?  Because ALL creative business is about the finite, the fleeting, the moment.  You are either creating the idea for the moment, building towards it or actually delivering it for your clients.  Your success is wholly dependent on moving through your process with requisite pressure on each step so that you can move easily and effectively to the next. You have to deliver the finite, the fleeting, the moment and impress upon your clients, employees, colleagues, etc. its value in the very face of infinite flexibility.  Hey, no one said it was going to be easy.  Then again, there is increasingly diminished satisfaction in knowing that you will never miss anything if you do not want to.  So showing the value of the finite, the fleeting, the moment, can and should be its own reward. “Personal branding is part of the greater trend that recognises and focuses on the individual, and encourages the person to take control”(page 149)

No comments:

Post a Comment