Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Final: Passions


"We wanted to foster a perception that we were more relevant and contemporary than perhaps some people thought we were. We are an ‘iconic’ brand and that means we need to work especially hard at proving relevancy and a contemporary attitude." (page 67) Ever since I was a kid I have always had a passion for the arts, it never really mattered what type of art form it was because I have a special place for all of them whether its spoken word or a beautiful sculpture. I can appreciate all forms for art. Through my years of being an active artist I have dabbled in everything from silk-screening to wood burning. But my one true passion will always be illustrating, whether its with charcoal or ink, it has always been the one think I could count on to get my point across. When I first started going to school I always thought I was going to be an illustrator. But when I started taking classes it quickly became apparent that I really couldn't stand being told what I could and couldn't draw. My work is very personal to me and it was my way out of reality or when it wasn't a way out of reality it was my way of working though problem and solving them. So I started trying other things and very thing and I happened to stumble upon advertising and thank god I did. Advertising gave me a way to still be personal but I still get to be impartial to what Im creating. "People do great creative work where they have supreme confidence and pressure of deadlines, but ideas can be killed off and watered down." (page 121)

No comments:

Post a Comment